Get up to $600 back and save on water-heating costs
This fall, get an additional $100 back -- a total of $600 -- when you purchase and install a heat pump water heater. With a heat pump water heater, you can enjoy all the benefits of your current electric water heater while paying less than half as much for hot water.
Heat pump water heaters use electricity to move heat from one place to another instead of generating heat directly. This process makes them two to three times more energy efficient than standard electric water heaters.
- Compared to a standard electric water heater, a heat pump water heater uses 60% less energy. That can save you up to 10% on your energy bill.
- With a heat pump water heater, you can select a specific water temperature, choose different operating modes depending on demand, even set it to “vacation” when you’re gone.
- A 10-year warranty means you can rest easy with a steady supply of hot water for many years to come.
Things to consider:
- Heat pump water heaters have tank gallon capacities similar to standard electric models, with the same range of temperature adjustments. They are slightly taller than standard electric water heaters.
- They can be installed in heated and unheated locations such as a garage, basement
or utility room.
- Most units require at least 800 cubic feet of air-flow around them;
this is the equivalent of 10′x10′x8′ of space.
- Heat pump water heaters generate sounds similar to a freezer.
- While in operation, heat pump water heaters release cool,
Heat pump water heaters are rated by tiers; the higher the tier, the more energy efficient.
Chelan PUD offers a $600 rebate on Tier 2 and 3 models and a $300 rebate on Tier 1 models.
Check this Qualified Products List.
Existing single-family homes qualify for the rebate (no new construction). The heat pump water heater must replace an electric storage water heater.
Contractor installation is recommended, but a homeowner may install the water heater following manufacturer’s specifications. The manufacturer's checklist should be submitted as part of your rebate application.
For do-it-yourself installation tips and more information on how heat pump water heaters work go to the Hot Water Solutions website.
Limit two rebates per address.
We will accept applications for qualifying heat pump water heaters purchased during the previous year.
To apply for a rebate