Park Shelter Reservations

Parks with shelters that we reserve are:

  • Beebe Bridge Park - 1 shelter
  • Chelan Falls Park - 1 shelter
  • Chelan Riverwalk Park - 1 shelter and 1 pavilion
  • Chelan Falls Powerhouse Park - 1 shelter (No Power)
  • Kirby Billingsley Hydro Park - 1 shelter
  • Walla Walla Point Park - 2 shelters. Shelter #1 is next to the courts/children’s play area. Shelter #2 is south of #1, surrounded by a large grassy area.
  • Rocky Reach Dam Park - 2 shelters and 1 picnic area
  • The Linden Tree area in Walla Walla Point Park can also be reserved, however, there's no picnic shelter and a limited number of tables available for use.
  • The Wenatchee Riverfront Park has no picnic shelters, but areas available for special events.
  • The Loop Trail is available to reserve in conjunction with special events.

Shelter Amenities

  • Parks open at 7 a.m. and close at dusk.
  • Each shelter has eight to ten tables which can seat about eight to ten adults per table.
  • All shelters have electricity, water and sinks except for Chelan Falls Powerhouse shelter, which has only a shelter and tables and Chelan Riverwalk, which has tables but no sink.
  • There are standard size trashcans available. For larger groups, we ask that trash is bagged and placed next to the trash cans.
  • You may bring your own propane grills, but you need to keep them outside of the shelter.
  • There are large barbeque grills outside shelters (except Rocky Reach, Chelan Falls Powerhouse & Chelan Riverwalk) that hold approximately two regular size bags of charcoal.
  • The restrooms are closed at dusk.
  • No alcohol is permitted at any PUD operated parks.    

Making a Reservation

  • There is no charge to reserve a picnic shelter.
  • Reservations are not accepted by phone.
  • For day use only of a shelter, you can use our online reservation system
  • The online reservation system requires a 3 day lead time.
  • A maximum of two shelter reservations are allowed within a 30 day time frame. 
  • For Special Events, an Application for Use of Parks is needed. Complete the application and return to the Parks Department.

Mailing address:
Chelan County PUD
Parks Department
PO Box 1231
Wenatchee, WA 98807

For questions contact: Teneille Hatmaker at 509-661-4551