In a rapidly changing utility environment, we will provide: The Best Value for the Most People for the Longest Time
To enhance the quality of life in Chelan County by providing sustainable, reliable utility services.
Safety (protect public and employee health and
- Safety ethic owned by all employees/proactive in preventing
Stewardship (acting on behalf of
customer-owners, protecting public resources entrusted to us)
- Aligns work with customer-owner interests
- Actions support local control, enhancing long-term value,
appropriate transparency, diversity reflecting the community
- Protects and enhances natural resources affected by
- Effective communication helps the Board accomplish its
policy guidance function
Trustworthiness (competence, integrity)
- Demonstrates competence in required job skills and
- Assures the District acts in accordance with applicable
policies, laws and regulations
- Results in actions that promote community respect for the
- Builds long-term, collaborative relationships with
customer-owners, stakeholders and employees through respectful
Operational Excellence (high-quality
innovative work execution)
- Demonstrates proactive commitment to continuous improvement
- Instills clear accountability that leads to efficiency and
- Innovative work execution through supporting personal ownership
Chelan PUD will focus on creating a strong culture of respect and professionalism in the workplace regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, medical history, and/or age.
- Chelan PUD is committed to creating an inclusive working environment where every employee feels valued and respected.
- Chelan PUD is committed to developing a workforce that brings together diverse ideas, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to live out our Mission/Vision/Values where every employee feels valued regardless of their differences.
- Chelan PUD is committed to creating a level playing field for recruiting, job performance and evaluation, opportunity, and advancement.
- Chelan PUD is committed to using measures to help us assess and track progress and address any problems we uncover.
- Chelan PUD is committed to fulfilling our affirmative action responsibilities by removing barriers to employment opportunities for women, minorities, disabled persons and protected veterans, and others who are members of a group whose status is protected by law.
Chelan PUD is committed to using the following measures to assess success and make necessary changes to promote and support diversity.
- Diversity of applicant pool
- Diversity of hiring Panel
- Equitable pay & compliance with equal pay law
- Assessing turnover rates. What employees are leaving the organization and why?
- Are employees from all groups/backgrounds taking advantage of learning & development opportunities?
- Are growth & promotional opportunities available to all employees?
- Job level representation
- Accessibility & Engagement
- Employees feel valued regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, medical history, and age?
- Employee survey & feedback