Get $600 back on a heat pump water heater
With a heat pump water heater, you can enjoy all the benefits of your current electric water heater while paying less than half as much for hot water.
HPWHs work like a refrigerator, but in reverse. While a refrigerator pushes heat from inside the unit out to the air around it, a HPWH uses fans and an evaporator to pull warmth from the surrounding air and transfers it to water in the storage tank. Because it uses the warm ambient air temperature to do most of the work, it is a very efficient way to heat water.
Things to consider
- Heat pump water heaters are slightly bigger than standard electric models.
- The ideal location for a HPWH is in a garage or unheated basement.
- While in operation, they release cool, moist air.
- Most units require at least 700 cubic feet of air-flow around them --
the equivalent of a 7′x10′x10′ room.
- HPWHs make noise similar to a dishwasher or freezer.
- The heat pump water heater must replace an existing electric storage water heater (no new construction).
- Limit two rebates per address.
- We accept applications for qualifying heat pump water heaters purchased during the previous year.
- Contractor installation is recommended, but a homeowner may install the water heater following manufacturer’s specifications. The manufacturer's checklist should be submitted as part of your rebate application
Submit Your Rebate Request
Find qualified products
Get installation tips
Learn how heat pump water heaters work
To apply for a rebate
Mail: Chelan PUD Energy Efficiency Dept., PO Box 1231, Wenatchee WA 98807-1231
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (509) 661-8008.
Contractors: Find all the tools and information you need to understand, sell, and install heat pump water heaters on the Hot Water Solutions partner website. From training resources and product literature to sales sheet and marketing templates, Hot Water Solutions is your go-to resource for heat pump water heaters.