Using commercial electric heat pumps is an energy-efficient way to heat and cool your business. Chelan PUD offers incentives for both heat pump conversions and upgrades.
HEAT PUMP CONVERSIONS
A heat pump conversion replaces an existing electric resistance heating system with a heat pump. This incentive is available for retrofits only. Customers must have electric resistance heat (air source, ground source and ductless heat pumps and gas systems are not eligible).
The incentive for heat pump conversions is $1,000 per ton.
HEAT PUMP UPGRADES
A heat pump upgrade either replaces an existing heat pump with a more efficient heat pump (e.g., replacing a code minimum heat pump with a CEE Tier 1 or Tier 2 heat pump) OR is an efficient heat pump installed as part of a new construction project. This incentive is available to both retrofits and new construction.
The incentive for heat pump upgrades is $300 per ton.
HEAT PUMP REQUIREMENTS
Heat pumps installed under this program:
- Must have less than 20 tons of cooling capacity
- Must be an air-to-air heat pump system
- Must meet BPA Tier 1 or Tier 2 efficiency requirements per the BPA Heat Pump Specification
Qualifying Heat Pump Upgrade applications have the following characteristics:
- For retrofits, the heat pump replaces an existing heat pump
- If the space was previously conditioned by an air source, ground source, or ductless heat pump that is no longer working, and the space is conditioned by backup zonal or forced-air electric resistance heat, the application is eligible for a heat pump upgrade
- For new construction, there are no precondition requirements.
To apply for the incentive please submit to Chelan County PUD:
Energy Efficiency Dept.
PO Box 1231
Wenatchee, WA 98807-1231
Phone: (509) 661-4187
For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org