Using commercial electric heat pumps is an energy-efficient way to heat and cool your business. Chelan PUD offers incentives for both heat pump conversions and upgrades.
HEAT PUMP CONVERSIONS
A heat pump conversion replaces an existing electric resistance heating system with a heat pump, adding an electric air source heat pump to a system where one did not previously exist.
- This incentive is available for retrofits only.
- Customers must have zonal or forced-air electric-resistance heat as the primary heating sources. No other heating sources are eligible.
- These measures cannot be used to retrofit packaged terminal air conditioning (PTAC) units.
The incentive for heat pump conversions is $2,000 per ton.
HEAT PUMP UPGRADES
Heat pump upgrades must have the following characteristics to qualify:
- The space is conditioned by an operational or failed air source heat pump OR
- The space is part of new construction or a building addition
The incentive for heat pump upgrades is $300 per ton.
NEW HEAT PUMP REQUIREMENTS
- CONVERSIONS AND UPGRADES
New heat pumps installed under this program, for both conversions and upgrades:
- Must have an AHRI certificate of product rating
- Must be an air-to-air heat pump system
- Must meet efficiency requirements per BPA's Heat Pump Specifications
To apply for the incentive please submit to Chelan County PUD:
Energy Efficiency Dept.
PO Box 1231
Wenatchee, WA 98807-1231
Phone: (509) 661-4187
For questions, email email@example.com