Connected (web-enabled) thermostats save energy by allowing building operators to program operating schedules, temperature set-points and supply-fan operation during unoccupied periods. Chelan PUD offers an incentive of $250 for thermostats on our Connected Thermostats Qualified Products List.
This incentive is available for retrofits only. Hotel rooms are not eligible.
• Heating type must be electric
• Existing HVAC system (which will be controlled by the new thermostat) has an existing supply fan
• Thermostat replaces an existing thermostat that is not web-enabled.
Buildings are eligible for more than one connected thermostat, as long as each connected thermostat controls an existing HVAC system with a separate supply fan serving a separate zone.
Thermostats must be on the Connected Thermostats Qualified Products List and must include these features:
• Limited duration occupied-period override
• Multiple setback schedules with energy-saving temperature set-points during unoccupied periods, including evenings, holidays and breaks
• Capable of scheduling the supply fan to operate continuously during occupied periods, and to operate in auto mode during unoccupied periods
• Remote, web-based monitoring and programming
• Settings are retained during power or internet losses (e.g. battery and memory back-up).
To apply for the incentive, please submit to Chelan County PUD:
- Connected Thermostat Project Application Form
- Equipment/contractor invoice showing (a) manufacturer, model number, serial number (if Ecobee ESM Si) and number of thermostats installed/used), (b) the order/purchase date and (c) cost
Energy Efficiency Dept.
PO Box 1231
Wenatchee, WA 98807-1231
Phone: (509) 661-4187
For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org