is one of the most cost-effective measures a homeowner can take to save energy and improve comfort. For eligible installations, Chelan PUD offers a rebate of 50 cents per square foot. Insulation incentives are available as follows:
-- Existing attic insulation
must be R19 or less. Customers must add insulation to achieve R38 or greater.
-- For walls
, there can be no existing insulation. Added wall insulation must achieve R11 or greater.
-- For floors
, there can be no existing insulation. Added floor insulation must achieve R19 or greater.
Customers doing the work themselves are required to take photos before and after adding insulation (where feasible), with the photos showing a ruler gauging the before- and after-depth of the insulation. These photos must be included with the rebate application.
Customers using a contractor must supply a contractor's Certificate of Insulation
Who is eligible
- Offers apply to owners of existing site-built, single-family and multi-family homes (up to 10 units) and manufactured homes situated in Chelan County
- Must be using permanently installed electric heat (no gas heat allowed).
- Eligible households include those using electric heat pumps, furnaces, baseboard, wall or radiant heat. Plug-in type space heaters do not qualify.
- New construction is not eligible.
- Incentives apply to conditioned living space (no garages).
- Requests for incentives must be submitted within 6 months of job completion.
The maximum total payment per household for weatherization measures (windows, insulation and entry doors) is $2,500 per year, based on date of installation.
Allow 6 to 8 weeks for processing. Payment is by check mailed to the customer.
Consult the Customer Checklist and List of Local Contractors (in box at left) for help finding products and installers. Determine eligibility and ensure that your products meet energy-efficiency standards for the rebate program.
Assemble your documents. You will need an itemized invoice showing square footage, the R-factor ratings and cost, and a Certificate of Insulation filled out by your contractor OR for do-it-yourself jobs, photos showing depth of insulation before and after installation.
Questions? Contact us or call (509) 661-8008.