Take it from Bigfoot:
Adding insulation is one of the most cost-effective measures a homeowner can take to save energy and improve comfort.
Beginning April 1, 2020, Chelan PUD boosted incentives for insulation as follows:
Customers doing the work themselves must take photos before and after adding insulation (where feasible). Photos should include a ruler showing the before- and after-depth of the insulation. These photos must be included with the rebate application.
Customers using a contractor must supply a contractor's Certificate of Insulation
New rebate amounts are retroactive to Jan. 1, 2020.
Who is eligible
- Offers apply to owners of existing site-built, single-family and multi-family homes (up to 10 units) and manufactured homes situated in Chelan County
- Must be using permanently installed electric heat (no gas heat allowed).
- Eligible households include those using electric heat pumps, furnaces, baseboard, wall or radiant heat. Plug-in type space heaters do not qualify.
- New construction is not eligible.
- Incentives apply to conditioned living space (no garages).
- Requests for incentives must be submitted within 6 months of job completion.
Allow 6 to 8 weeks for processing. Payment is by check mailed to the customer.
Consult the Customer Checklist and List of Local Contractors (in box at left) for help finding products and installers. Determine eligibility and ensure that your products meet energy-efficiency standards for the rebate program.
Assemble your documents. You will need an itemized invoice showing square footage, the R-factor ratings and cost, and a Certificate of Insulation filled out by your contractor OR for do-it-yourself jobs, photos showing depth of insulation before and after installation.
Questions? Contact us or call (509) 661-4382.