Ductless Heat Pumps

Chelan PUD is offering a ductless heat pump rebate program for single-family homes and for apartments, condos and other multi-family units. Homes with existing electric furnaces, baseboard, wall or radiant heat are eligible (no heat pumps). Under this program, ducted mini-splits also are eligible. Homes with existing ductwork are not eligible for ducted mini-split rebates. New construction is not eligible.

Site-built single-family homes and manufactured homes = $1,000 rebate
Site-built multi-family complexes with five or more units under one roof = $800 rebate

In the winter, enjoy quiet, efficient comfort when you replace or supplement your older heating system with a ductless heat pump. In the summer, replace your noisy window air conditioner with the same energy-efficient ductless system. 

Ductless systems use up to 50 percent less energy than electric baseboard, wall, radiant and forced air systems. Using Chelan PUD's average cost of $0.03 per kilowatt hour, upgrading to a ductless system as a primary heat source can save about $105 per year.

The cost of an installed ductless system with a single indoor head generally runs between $3,000 and $5,000. Additional heads and greater heating and cooling capacities will increase costs. Get at least two bids for comparison.

More information about how ductless heat pumps work, their costs and energy savings is at goingductless.com.


  • You must use a certified contractor (see chart at right) to be eligible for the PUD rebate.
  • One rebate per household/dwelling unit.
  • Ductless heat pumps must be placed in existing homes; new construction is excluded.
Get started
  • Find a participating local contractor here.
  • Work with your contractor to ensure that you're eligible.
  • The contractor will certify your installation using this Ductless Heat Pump Application Form and submit it to Chelan PUD, along with a receipt. Follow through with your contractor to make sure this step is taken.
  • Chelan PUD then issues your rebate check.

Business owners: Check out our rebates for ductless heat pumps at your buildings.

Questions? Please send us an e-mail or call (509) 661-8008.

Photo of ductless heat pump
Ductless Heat Pump Contractors list_May2020
Click on graphic to enlarge.