What & Why
A Chelan County PUD contractor will be performing routine maintenance and fire protection work by testing, clearing combustible materials and applying a fire retardant paint to some electrical transmission poles throughout the county. This program helps protect the electrical system from fires and extends the life expectancy of the PUD wood poles.
When & What to Expect
- Work will take place on the transmission poles throughout the county.
- You may see the contractor crew working in your area, and the crew may need to access transmission poles on or near your property. Impacted property owners have been contacted about the work.
- For poles that require testing, crews will dig approximately 18 inches deep around each pole, drill holes into the pole, inspect the pole, then replace the dirt.
- For poles that will have paint applied, crews will dig approximately 6 inches around each pole, and apply the fire retardant paint about six feet up each pole, then replace the dirt.
- Work will begin in February 2020, as weather permits, and will continue through the fall.
- Working hours are generally Monday – Friday, 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- We do not anticipate any traffic impacts while this work is happening.