Get your $1,000 rebate
Chelan PUD is offering rebates of $1,000 on ductless heating and cooling to:
- Customers with electric furnaces, baseboard, wall or radiant heat living in site-built, single-family homes up to a four-plex.
- Owners of manufactured homes with furnaces (manufactured homes with baseboard or wall heat are excluded).
You must use a certified contractor (see chart below right) to be eligible for the PUD rebate.
In the winter, enjoy quiet, efficient comfort when you supplement your older heating system with a ductless unit. In the summer, replace your noisy window air conditioner with the same ductless system.
Lower electric bills
Ductless systems use up to 50 percent less energy than electric baseboard, wall, radiant and forced air systems. Using Chelan PUD's average cost of $0.03 per kilowatt hour, upgrading to a ductless heating and cooling system as a primary heat source can save about $105 per year.
The cost of an installed ductless heating and cooling system with a single indoor heating/cooling head generally runs between $3,000 and $5,000. Additional heads and greater heating and cooling capacities will increase costs. Get at least two bids for comparison.
More information about how ductless heat pumps work, their costs and energy savings is at goingductless.com.
- One rebate per household.
- Units must be placed in existing homes; new construction is excluded.
- Find a participating local contractor here.
- Work with your contractor to ensure that you're eligible.
- The contractor will certify your installation using this Ductless Heat Pump and Ductless Mini Split Installation Form and submit it to the NW Ductless Heat Pump project, along with a receipt. Follow through with your contractor to make sure this step is taken.
- Chelan PUD then issues a check for your $1,000 rebate.
Business owners: Check out our rebates for ductless heat pumps at your buildings.
Questions? Please send us an e-mail or call (509) 661-8008.