Water and Wastewater Benefits of Public Power
Stats below are from 2014
- Chelan PUD entered the water utility business in 1974.
- The PUD operates four retail water systems serving a combined 5,700 connections—including 5,350 residential and 350 commercial and industrial customers.
- Chelan PUD entered the wastewater business by a vote of the people in 1975.
- The PUD operates wastewater systems at Lake Wenatchee, Peshastin and Dryden.
- These systems serve approximately 500 residential and commercial customers, collecting and treating about 29 million gallons of effluent per year.
2014 Recommendations for Strategic Investment
As part of the process leading up to the 2015 strategic plan, a working group of community members and PUD employees created a set of recommendations for investment in water and wastewater benefits. Their report is available as a PDF file at the link below.