Better quality light, improved ambiance
Long lasting, less maintenance, break resistant
Save money now and for years
Modernize your business with new lighting and controls, and Chelan PUD will help you pay for it. Incentives are available for indoor and outdoor lighting upgrades.
LED lighting uses less energy, operates at lower temperatures so your cooling costs are reduced, is long lasting, and requires less maintenance—often the biggest source of savings for businesses.
LEDs also provide better quality light. Gone are the days of the yellow haze!
Chelan PUD will help pay for the purchase and installation of energy-efficient lighting and controls.
$0.30 per kWh saved
You're upgrading lighting in an existing building
Existing Local Government
$0.40 per kWh saved
You're upgrading lighting in an existing building for local government agencies
Outdoor Lighting Controls
$0.60 per kWh saved
You're upgrading lighting controls outside an existing building
$0.06 per kWh saved
You're adding efficient lighting to a new space or addition
Incentives are based on kWh savings determined using the 2022 Lighting Calculator and are capped at 100% of project costs. Calculated savings depend on your existing and proposed lighting energy use and the actual operating hours.
Ask your lighting contractor or Scott Stanford, our commercial energy advisor, about incentive calculations for your project.
Outdoor Lighting Requirements
- Light must be “Dark Sky Compliant” with full cutoff (no up-lighting)
- 3000K or lower color temperature
- Photocell control (no timer)
- Lighting shall have controls configured so that the total wattage of such lighting automatically reduces the connected lighting power by at least not less than 80% by selectively switching off or dimming luminaires at one of the following times:
- From not later than 12 midnight to 6 a.m.
- From not later than one hour after business closing to not earlier than one hour before business opening
- or during any period when no activity has been detected for a time of no longer than 15 minutes or more.
What other local businesses say about their new lighting and controls:
0. Confirm Pre-Approval for Incentives Over $25,000
Pre-approval by Chelan PUD is required for projects with incentive amounts over $25,000. Projects with incentives over $25,000 without pre-approval are subject to availability of incentive dollars budgeted.
No pre-approval is needed for incentives of $25,000 and under.
1. Fill Out the Lighting Calculator (or Worksheet)
Complete the 2022 Lighting Calculator. (Alternatively, you can complete a Lighting Worksheet and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.) Contractors can complete these forms, or contact Scott for help.
2. Submit a Lighting Application
Complete the Online Lighting Application and attach your Lighting Calculator and a copy of your invoice or receipt showing the total project costs for lighting equipment purchase and installation.
Optionally, include a completed form for Assignment of Rebate to Contractor or Pay-It-Forward
. The Pay-It-Forward Program
allows you to donate a portion (or all) of your incentive to the local nonprofits of your choosing.
What Happens Next?
We'll review your calculations and invoices, and contact you if anything is missing or we need more information.
With your paperwork complete, we'll schedule an inspection to make sure your lights are installed and being operated as stated.
If all checks out, you'll receive your incentive payment in the mail, or we can pay your lighting contractor directly.
We're Here for You
Questions? Talk with Scott Stanford, Chelan PUD commercial energy advisor. Call (509) 661-4187 or email email@example.com.