Planned maintenance to maintain reliable electrical service may require scheduled power outages. We are aware of the inconvenience this can cause our customers, but a planned outage now can prevent longer, emergency outages later.
In the event of a planned outage:
- PUD staff will attempt to notify customers by phone and/or email typically two business days prior to scheduled, non-emergency power outages.
- Please make sure we have your current contact information by updating it here or calling us at (509) 661-8002.
- We encourage you to charge your devices, save your work frequently, and properly shut down electronics prior to a planned outage.
- Chelan PUD communicates planned power outages with other public entities such as local school districts.
- If you need access to the internet during a planned power outage, the PUD and local service providers teamed up to provide several FREE drive-in WiFi hotspots throughout Chelan County, and a map is available here. The Washington State Department of Commerce has additional WiFi locations available here