Chelan PUD fiber and electric crews and contractors will be working in Manson in the Dry Lake/Upper Joe Creek area from now until Summer 2021 to prepare electrical distribution poles for future fiber service. The fiber system uses these wooden poles, so the PUD will rebuild the electrical system in some areas in order to bring wood poles into national safety code compliance.
Before fiber can be installed, the PUD may need to obtain an easement to provide for the addition of fiber on your property – you may receive a request from the PUD soon for easements.
What to Expect
- Work near Wapato and Dry lakes and Upper Joe Creek Road to prepare infrastructure for fiber expansion will occur from January through summer 2021
- Easement research has begun in your area, and you may receive a request for a utility easement across your property, if needed
- Working hours are generally Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- You may see PUD crews or contractors working on the overhead power lines
- Please watch for trucks or equipment along the roadway.
- We anticipate some minor traffic impacts during working hours – please follow the directions of flaggers or signage when driving through the work zone
- Power outages will be needed and affected customers will be notified with details prior to any outage
- To ensure we can notify you about planned power outages, please make sure we have your correct phone number(s) and email address by entering it here or calling us at 509-661-8002
For questions about easements, please contact Lisa Juchmes at (509) 661-4613 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions about current PUD work in your area, please contact Jenna Rahm at email@example.com
To learn more about fiber internet service, please visit the Chelan PUD Fiber page.