What & Why
The PUD’s Wood Pole Test Program inspects approximately 10 percent of the PUD’s poles each year, with the goal to inspect each pole on a 10-year cycle. This program extends the life expectancy of PUD wood poles and helps maintain reliable electrical service. A Chelan County PUD contractor will be performing routine maintenance by testing some electrical wood distribution poles throughout the county this year.
When & What to Expect
- Work will take place on the wood distribution poles in several areas throughout the county, and impacted stakeholders will receive notification.
- The PUD contractor may need to access poles on or near your property.
- Crews will dig approximately 18 inches around each pole, drill holes into the pole, inspect the pole, and fill the dirt holes around the pole.
- The contractor will notify the PUD of any poles that are in need of replacement. Poles will be replaced, as needed, by PUD crews at a later date.
- Working hours are generally Monday - Friday, 6 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- We do not anticipate any impacts to traffic as part of this work.
Send questions to Jenna Rahm at firstname.lastname@example.org
call (509) 661-4630.