Motorists are advised that closure of the northbound exit ramp from Highway 285 to Olds Station will end by 6 p.m. Friday, Oct. 28.
Northbound traffic will continue on Easy Street to Penny Road until the completion of all work by Nov. 4 for the new Technology Center Way extension to Easy Street. Please see the accompanying map for information on those changes.
The off-ramp closure was part of a series of road improvements designed to provide better traffic flow around Olds Station before the new PUD Service Center opens in 2023. Chelan PUD, City of Wenatchee, and the Washington State Department of Transportation coordinated the overall traffic plan. Here are the highlights:
- Easy Street will become two-way from the Penny Road intersection south to a new extended Technology Center Way
- Traffic signal updates at Easy Street and Penny Road will be changed to accommodate the new lane configurations
- Technology Center Way will be extended to Easy Street
- Chester-Kimm Road northbound will be right turn only onto Penny Road during peak traffic hours: 7-9 a.m. and 4-6 p.m.
- The on-ramp at Olds Station Road and Easy Street was removed and a three-way stop sign was installed at Olds Station Road and Chester-Kimm Road
For more information, please visit chelanpud.org
* * *
Find us on 24/7 at www.chelanpud.org, on Facebook.com/ChelanPUD and follow us on Twitter @ChelanPUD.