Motorists have an extra week to drive the northbound exit from Highway 285 to Olds Station before it closes for road work Oct. 17-28.
A digital road sign just before the Wenatchee River Bridge will be in place the week of Oct. 10 to notify motorists of the planned closure. The one-week delay does not change the project schedule. Construction is scheduled to be completed in early November.
The off-ramp closure is part of a series of road improvements designed improve traffic flow around Olds Station before the new PUD Service Center opens in 2023. Chelan PUD, City of Wenatchee, Chelan County and the Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) are coordinating the overall traffic plan. Here are the highlights:
- Easy Street will become two-way from the Penny Road intersection south to a new extended Technology Center Way.
- Traffic signal updates at Easy Street and Penny Road will be made to accommodate the new lane configurations
- Technology Center Way will be extended to Easy Street
- Chester-Kimm Road northbound will be right turn only onto Penny Road during peak traffic hours: 7-9 a.m. and 4-6 p.m.
- The on-ramp at Olds Station Road and Easy Street will be removed and a three-way stop sign will be installed at Olds Station Road and Chester-Kimm Road
- The Penny Road and Easy Street exit from Highway 285 will close for two weeks to reconfigure Easy Street into a two-way street between Penny Road and Technology Center Way
For more information, please visit chelanpud.org.
* * *
Find us on 24/7 at www.chelanpud.org, on Facebook.com/ChelanPUD and follow us on Twitter @ChelanPUD.