Upgrading windows is an investment that can improve home comfort, reduce street noise, increase the value of your home and lower your electric bills, saving you money in the long run.
Beginning April 1, 2020, Chelan County PUD increased incentives for window upgrades by up to double! New rebate amounts are retroactive to Jan. 1, 2020.
Replacement windows must have a U factor of .30 or lower. Patio doors follow the same guidelines as windows, but must have a U factor of only .35 or lower.
Customers replacing single-pane windows must show proof that those windows were in the home prior to new windows being installed. This can be as simple as taking a few photos of your old windows and submitting them with your rebate application.
PUD staff will inspect the home to validate heat type prior to payment.
Who is eligible
- Offers apply to owners of existing site-built, single-family and multi-family homes (up to 10 units) and manufactured homes situated in Chelan County
- Must be using permanently installed electric heat (no gas heat allowed).
- Eligible households include those using electric heat pumps, furnaces, baseboard, wall or radiant heat. Plug-in type space heaters do not qualify.
- New construction is not eligible.
- Incentives apply to conditioned living space (no garages).
- Requests for incentives must be submitted within 6 months of job completion.
Allow 6 to 8 weeks for processing. Payment is by check mailed to the customer.
Consult the Customer Checklist and List of Local Contractors for help finding products and installers. Determine eligibility and ensure that your products meet energy-efficiency standards for the rebate program.
Assemble your documents. You will need to provide:
- Itemized invoice showing square footage, U-factor ratings and cost
- OR NFRC stickers showing U-factor ratings (see NFRC sample sticker here ), along with invoices/receipts showing window dimensions.
- If replacing single-pane windows, provide photos of those original windows for the full rebate.
Questions? Call us at (509) 661-4382.