is an investment that can lower electric bills, increase comfort and improve the value of your home.
Chelan County PUD offers incentives to customers for window upgrades.
-- The rebate for upgrading double-pane, metal-framed windows and patio doors is $4 per square foot.
-- The rebate for upgrading single-pane windows is $6 per square foot.
-- Replacement windows must have a U factor
of .30 or lower. Patio doors must have a U factor
of .35 or lower.
Who is eligible
- Offers apply to owners of existing site-built, single-family and multi-family homes (up to 10 units) and manufactured homes situated in Chelan County
- Must be using permanently installed electric heat (no gas heat allowed).
- Eligible households include those using electric heat pumps, furnaces, baseboard, wall or radiant heat. Plug-in type space heaters do not qualify.
- New construction is not eligible.
- Incentives apply to conditioned living space (no garages).
- Requests for incentives must be submitted within 6 months of job completion.
The maximum total payment per household for weatherization measures (windows, insulation and entry doors) is $2,500 per year, based on date of installation.
Allow 6 to 8 weeks for processing. Payment is by check mailed to the customer.
Consult the Customer Checklist and List of Local Contractors for help finding products and installers. Determine eligibility and ensure that your products meet energy-efficiency standards for the rebate program.
Assemble your documents. You will need to provide:
-- an itemized invoice showing square footage, U-factor ratings and cost
-- NFRC stickers showing U-factor ratings (see NFRC sample sticker here ), along with invoices/receipts showing window dimensions.
Questions? Call us at (509) 661-8008.