Sport courts at six parks will be periodically closed for maintenance through early October. Chelan PUD plans to resurface the courts and convert several tennis courts to pickleball due to popular demand.
Here’s the tentative schedule, pending weather conditions:
- Kirby Billingsley Hydro Park: Closed July 17-Aug. 25 for resurfacing all courts, relining for one new pickleball court
- Confluence State Park: Closed July 17-Aug. 25 for resurfacing all courts, relining for one new pickleball court
- Daroga State Park: Closed Aug. 16-Sept. 12 for replacing surfacing, posts and nets, and relining for two pickleball courts
- Beebe Bridge Park: Closed Aug. 21-Sept. 17 for replacing surfacing, posts and nets, and relining for two pickleball courts
- Lincoln Rock State Park: Closed Aug. 28-Sept. 15 for court maintenance, adding three new pickleball courts in an open, unused area
- Chelan Falls Park: Closed Sept. 4-15 for resurfacing, relining for one new pickleball court
The $346,940 project will ensure safety and longevity of the courts. The courts may be closed until early October, depending on weather, to allow the new concrete to cure.
Sport courts will remain open at Walla Walla Point Park, where similar work was finished last fall.
* * *
Find us on 24/7 at www.chelanpud.org, on Facebook.com/ChelanPUD and follow us on Twitter @ChelanPUD.