Live from the Chelan Earth Day Fair at the PUD's Chelan Riverwalk Park, we're joined by a trip of guests to chat about conservation work around Lake Chelan:
- Tamie Blevins, Chelan Earth Day Fair gardeners coordinator
- Amanda Newell from the Cascadia Conservation District
- Julie McCoy from 911 Glass Rescue and Lake Chelan Rotary
- Brian Patterson from the Chelan Basin Conservancy
- Phil Long from Lake Chelan Research Institute and Keep it Blue
We chat about:
- Gardening in the Chelan Basin and tricks to use less water in your yard
- Firewise resources to help you prepare your home and neighborhood for wildfire
- New glass recycling in Chelan and useful things to do with glass aggregate
- Microparks that offer public lake access, the legacy of lead arsenate and how to sign up for free soil testing with the Department of Ecology, and a potential Chelan Butte land trust
- Invasive species in Lake Chelan, deep lake robots, and much more!
If you have questions about building energy-efficient new homes, Chelan PUD rebates and incentives, getting involved in conservation in your community, and more...
Join us on the next Power Hour at noon on Wednesday, May 18, live on YouTube and Facebook simultaneously.
We'll chat with Megan Kramer, Home Energy Rating System (HERS) rater, ENERGY STAR Homes rater, sustainability consultant, and energy program coordinator at Washington State University and the Department of Energy.
Drop your questions in the livestream comments or email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Never miss an episode. Join our mailing list and receive the newest episode straight to your inbox.
Power Me Up
Each Power Hour episode will be uploaded to YouTube and to the Power Hour Podcast, available on Spotify and right here for your listening pleasure.
Listen to the Power Hour Podcast: