Dave Shipley, energy conservation engineer and Canadian through and through, joins your host, Lacy Stockton, to answer your questions about staying warm in winter and how North America can transition to a low-carbon future.
We chat about:
- How some homes in the Great White North have managed to minimize their electricity use, including one example from Saskatoon that doesn’t need heating at all!
- Canadian tricks to keeping your winter utility bills low.
- What to do in an outage during a blizzard.
- How utilities across North America plan to decarbonize, and why hydropower and other renewables are mission critical to the transition.
- The Helping Hand donation program and much more!
If you have questions about bill assistance, upcoming community events, energy efficiency, Chelan PUD rebates and incentives, the energy transition, and more...
Join us on the next Power Hour at noon on Wednesday, March16th, live on YouTube and Facebook simultaneously.
We'll ask Lisa and Travis Turner of Community Glass common questions about windows, patio doors, and more to give your home an efficiency facelift this spring.
Plus, Josh Mitchell, Chelan PUD residential energy advisor, will answer your questions on efficient pool heaters and pumps, as well as other ways to get ready for summer without heating up your energy bills.
Drop your questions in the livestream comments or email your questions to email@example.com.
Never miss an episode. Join our mailing list and receive the newest episode straight to your inbox.
Power Me Up
Each Power Hour episode will be uploaded to YouTube and to the Power Hour Podcast, available on Spotify and right here for your listening pleasure.
Listen to the Power Hour Podcast: