Work begins soon on Mill and West Benton streets
Chelan County PUD will be replacing poles and wires along Mill and West Benton streets in Leavenworth. This project will increase reliability and upgrade equipment.
In February, we informed you about a Chelan PUD project to replace poles and wires along Mill and W. Benton streets in Leavenworth. This project will increase reliability and upgrade equipment. All work will be done in the right-of-way.
The project is scheduled to begin the week of April 24 and continue through September
What to expect:
- The project will replace:
- 4 poles along Mill Street, between US Hwy. 2 and the intersection with W. Benton St.
- 3 poles around the intersection of Mill and W. Benton streets
- 7 poles along W. Benton St. between Mill and Prospect streets
- New holes will be dug in close proximity to existing poles.
- New poles will be set in the holes and new wire will be hung.
- Landscaping that is blocking access to electrical equipment (poles) and is in the public right-of-way will be permanently removed. We don’t expect to disturb landscaping on private property.
- Crews will restore the area at the base of the new poles to improve aesthetics. We will work with
individual property owners.
- Old poles will be removed after communications wire s are moved to the new poles. After old poles are removed, PUD crews will restore the area improve aesthetics. We will work with individual property owners. We expect this to be done by the end of the year.
- You are receiving this information because we have identified an existing pole will be removed and/or new pole will be placed in the right-of-way adjacent to your property.