PUD fiber and electric crews and contractors are working in the Manson area over the next three months to install fiber internet service. The fiber system uses the wood electrical distribution poles, so the PUD will rebuild the electrical system in some areas in order to bring wood poles into national safety code compliance.
What to Expect
- Work in Manson to expand the fiber network will occur from October through December
- Working hours are generally Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- You may see PUD crews or contractors working on the overhead power lines, using boring machines or installing fiber
- Please watch for trucks or equipment along the roadway
- We anticipate some traffic impacts, including one-lane flagger-controlled traffic, during working hours – please follow the directions of flaggers or signage when driving through the work zone
For more information about how to sign up for fiber internet service, please visit the Chelan PUD Fiber website.