What & Why
The PUD will install an underground cable along Hale Road to replace an existing overhead line starting Monday, February 24. This work is necessary to decrease fire risk and improve electrical reliability in the area.
What to Expect
- Work will begin Monday, February 24 and continue for approximately 2 weeks
- You may see crews mobilize equipment as early as this week
- Working hours are generally Monday – Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- A contractor crew will use a plow to install electrical conduit underground along Hale Rd, from S. Lakeshore Rd to the end of the road
- We anticipate some traffic impacts, including flagger-controlled traffic and infrequent vehicle delays of up to 20 minutes to allow crews to plate over the work area
- You will see contractor crews in the work area and hear typical construction noise
- Later this spring, PUD crews will decommission the existing overhead line
- Power outages may be needed and affected customers will be notified with details prior to any outage
If you have questions or comments about this work, please reach out to Jenna Rahm at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (509) 661-4630.