What & Why
The PUD will install new underground electrical cable and fiber optic conduit along Alpensee Strasse in Leavenworth, starting as early as June 5. This work is necessary to avoid power outages and maintain reliable electrical service in the area.
When & What to Expect
- Work will begin as soon as Friday, June 5
- Once work begins, it will las about 3 weeks
- Working hours are generally Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- PUD crews will replace underground electrical cable along the highlighted route on the map below
- We anticipate some traffic impacts, including one-lane flagger-controlled traffic, during working hours – please follow the directions of flaggers or signage when driving through the work zone
- You will see PUD and contractor crews in the work area and hear typical construction noise
- Power outages will be needed and affected customers will be notified with details prior to any outage
- Fiber conduit is also being installed as part of this project. Fiber buildout is scheduled for this area by the end of the year. If you have questions about fiber internet, please contact our Fiber Department at email@example.com or 509-661-4151 or your contact local service providers directly.