Chelan County PUD Parks Manager Ryan Baker said Friday that staff are making a few changes in operations to protect visitors and employees and to help reduce the risk of spreading the coronavirus.
- The campground at Beebe Bridge Park will remain closed through May 11.
- Rocky Reach Dam Park will remain closed through May 11.
- All scheduled events at PUD-managed facilities including ballfields and shelters are canceled through May 11. Earlier this week, playground equipment was closed off, to reduce the risk of spreading the coronavirus.
- Parks staff will email people with reservations for events scheduled up to May 11 to confirm the cancelation.
- Event organizers can call (509) 661-4551 during weekday business hours if they have questions.
- Baker will coordinate closely with health experts to evaluate use of parks facilities after May 11.
In the meantime, PUD-operated parks remain open including trails and boat launches.
And, Parks staff continues to take applications online from Chelan County residents for passes to park for free at PUD parks operated by the state - Confluence, Daroga and Lincoln Rock.
* * *
Please stay in touch with us at chelanpud.org, find us on Facebook.com/ChelanPUD and follow us on Twitter @ChelanPUD.
Here for you, providing the best for the most for the longest – chelanpud.org