Stay safe and keep metallic balloons out of power lines
Power outages happen when a metallic balloon touches a power line. An outage can affect thousands of Chelan County residents.
Metallic balloons touching power lines can also cause fires, damage property and lead to injuries.
Help us keep our community safe!
- DO NOT release metallic balloons into the air
- Tie all ribbons to weights but DO NOT tie ribbons together
- NEVER use metallic ribbon with helium-filled balloons
- PROPERLY DISPOSE of metallic balloons – puncture and deflate before reusing or throwing away
- NEVER try to retrieve balloons from power lines, Call (877) PUD-8123