It’s not even officially summer yet, but weather forecasts are calling for temperature in the 90s this week.
Stay safe, comfortable and use energy wisely as it heats up outside with these time-tested tips.
Ways to save energy
Keep your house, apartment or condo cool by:
- Closing the curtains, windows and doors during the day and opening your windows at night
- Set your air conditioning to 78 degrees or warmer when you are away from home. It takes less energy to cool the house down when you return than it does to leave it cool all the time.
- Run ceiling fans and air conditioning at the same time – that lets you keep the thermostat a little higher
- Use your kitchen exhaust fan while cooking to remove hot air over the stove
- Turn off fans when you are not in the room
- Use a microwave (or, outdoor barbecue if allowed) instead of your oven
- Change your air conditioner filters often
See more at chelanpud.org under “Summer Conservation Tips.”
Safety on the water
Looking to cool off on the Columbia River or Lake Chelan?
Chelan PUD’s waterfront parks offer relief for customers and visitors on hot summer days. But, it’s important to remember these safety tips:
- Always have one life jacket for every person on a boat or raft. Children under 12 should always wear a life jacket when on board
- If you forget a life jacket look for loaners on signs at local boat launches
- Have a life jacket you no longer use? Add it to the stock for others to borrow
- Check river conditions and Lake Chelan levels before you leave home or on your mobile device at chelanpud.org under
Fun at PUD parks
Chelan PUD customers can park for free at the three PUD parks operated by the state with a day use parking pass. Apply now! Submit applications for this Public Power Benefit online or at any Chelan PUD office and say “hello” to Confluence, Daroga and Lincoln Rock state parks.
Visit us at facebook.com/ChelanPUD and follow us on Twitter @ChelanPUD.
Here for you, providing the best for the most for the longest – chelanpud.org