WHAT: In 2017, Chelan County PUD crews rebuilt and replaced wood electric distribution poles along Pioneer Drive in Cashmere. Starting in June, crews will continue this work along Brender Canyon Road. After work on the distribution poles is complete and fiber cable is hung, PUD crews will start splicing the fiber system.
WHY: Expanding fiber service is part of the PUD’s strategic plan and Public Power Benefit Program designed to increase quality of life in Chelan County and to provide the best for the longest period of time. The fiber system uses the wood distribution poles, so the PUD must first rebuild the electrical system in order to bring wood poles into national safety code compliance.
WHEN & WHAT TO EXPECT
- Work is being performed only along Brender Canyon Road, highlighted work area on the map
- Work along Brisky Canyon Road will take place at a later date and customers will be notified prior to construction
- Work is scheduled to begin along Brender Canyon Road in June and last about eight weeks
- Once work on the electrical system is done, fiber system work will start
- You will see PUD electric and fiber crews working in the area through the end of the year
- Working hours are generally Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Please watch for trucks and equipment along the roadway
- You will hear typical construction noise during working hours
- We do not anticipate any traffic impacts or blocking of driveways and access roads
- Power outages may be needed and affected customers will be notified with details prior to any outage
Access to PUD fiber is expected to be available along Brender Canyon Road by the end of 2018. For additional information, or if interested in making a fiber connection, please visit chelanpud.org/Fiber for a list of retail service providers.
Updates on the project schedule will be posted on this website.
Send questions to email@example.com or call Teka Sellers at (509) 661-4294.