WHAT: In August, Chelan County PUD crews began work to rebuild and replace wood electric distribution poles along Pioneer Drive and Brender Canyon Road in Cashmere. Work began at the intersection of Pioneer Drive and Hinman Drive and will continue approximately three miles up Brender Canyon. The work area includes some side roads and orchards off Pioneer Drive that have existing overhead power lines. PUD crews will work through this fall and into 2018. After fiber cable is hung and work on the distribution poles is complete, PUD crews will start splicing the fiber system.
WHY: Expanding fiber service is part of the PUD’s strategic plan and Public Power Benefit Program designed to increase quality of life in Chelan County and to provide the best for the longest period of time. The fiber system uses the wood distribution poles, so the PUD must first rebuild the electrical system in order to bring wood poles into national safety code compliance.
WHEN & WHAT TO EXPECT
- Work began in August and will continue this fall and into 2018
- Once work on the electrical system is done, fiber system work will start
- Residents will see PUD electric and fiber crews working in the area into 2018
- Working hours are generally Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Residents will see trucks and equipment in the roadway and hear typical construction noise during working hours
- One-lane, flagger controlled traffic will be needed for the duration of the project
- We do not anticipate blocking driveways or orchard access roads
- We encourage growers to contact thier trucking companies so they are aware of the project and traffic impacts
- Power outages may be needed and affected customers will be notified with details prior to any outage
Access to PUD fiber is expected to be available in some areas by the end of 2017 and other areas in 2018. Call now if you are interested in a fiber connection: Michelle Dennis at (509) 661-4151.
For fiber information please visit chelanpud.org/Fiber.
Updates on the project schedule will be posted on this website.
Send questions to email@example.com or call Teka Sellers at (509) 661-4294