Use LED holiday lights
Invest in colorful, long-lasting LED strings for your holiday and festive decorating. A decorative light string that has earned the Energy Star rating uses 75% less energy than an incandescent light string.
- Long lasting: Energy Star LED light strings do not have moving parts, filaments or glass, so they are much more durable and shock-resistant than other light strings.
- Safety first: Energy Star LED strings are cool to the touch, reducing the risk of fire.
- Stamp of approval: Look for lights that are UL-approved for outdoor use. These have a more durable coating around the wiring to stand up to weather.
- Strings attached: Look for lights with non-twist sockets that let you easily replace a bulb if one goes out.
- Testing, testing: Energy Star LEDs are independently tested to meet strict lifetime and electrical requirements.
Despite a higher initial cost, LEDs are a clear winner over incandescent lights.