Chelan PUD employees want customers to know they do listen to voicemail. With most Customer Service employees telecommuting - in line with health experts’ advice - please do leave us a message if you get voicemail when calling in.
Customer Service employees are taking calls, checking messages and will respond as quickly as possible, said Sarah DeLozier, Customer Service supervisor.
“We greatly appreciate our customers’ patience during the next few weeks as we all get used to a new normal,” DeLozier said. “Chelan PUD is taking these steps to help our community reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19.”
Much of what customers need from their PUD can be taken care of online at chelanpud.org, she said.
- You can pay bills, stop service and request electric service if you’re building a new home
- To start or transfer utility service at an existing location, please call us at (509) 661-8002, during weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. If your call isn’t answered right away, please leave us a message
- Customers also can send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Answers to many questions about Chelan PUD’s utility service are in the “Frequently Asked Questions” posted on our website page about the PUD’s coronavirus response.
Customers also can find tips for staying comfortable at home during times of social distancing:
- During the day, open your curtains and let the sunshine in. It will warm up your house and hopefully boost your spirits, too.
- Run your furnace fan to increase airflow and bring in more fresh air.
- If you have a programmable thermostat, adjust your settings, since you may be at home more than usual.
- Don’t let energy use add to your worries. Early-spring temperatures are mild and shouldn’t tax your heating system. But you can always find tips to keep your electric bill in check at ConservationMakesCents.org
Finally, please help us protect your sewer service by knowing what’s OK to flush – and what’s not, DeLozier said. With more people at home and using wipes to disinfect, our community’s wastewater systems are feeling the pressure.
- Please, throw wipes, paper towels and other produces in the trash
- Don’t flush anything except toilet paper
* * *
Find us at Facebook.com/ChelanPUD and follow us on Twitter @ChelanPUD.
Here for you, providing the best for the most for the longest – chelanpud.org