If you have an irrigation pump that is served by Chelan PUD, it may qualify for an incentive of up to $60 per horsepower to install a variable frequency drive (VFD). Several factors need to be considered before deciding whether to install a VFD on your irrigation pump:
• How is the pressure of the existing pump controlled?
• Does the demand for water vary throughout the day or during the irrigation season?
• How much pressure does the pump have to deliver before any water can begin to flow?
• Is the pump large enough to justify installing a VFD?
• How is the pump operated relative to its rated performance curve?
Irrigation pumps that qualify can receive the $60 per HP incentive or 75 percent of the total installed cost (whichever is lower). To find out if your irrigation pump qualifies for the incentive, e-mail Jim White or call him at (509) 661-4829.
1. Download and complete the Irrigation Pump Resource$mart Application and e-mail it to Jim White. Contact Jim at (509) 661-4829 if you need help completing the application.
2. If Chelan PUD agrees that the proposed VFD will likely save sufficient energy, PUD staff will send you a signed copy of the Irrigation Pump Resource$mart Application.
3. Once the installation is complete, sign the Irrigation Pump Resource$mart Application that was previously signed by Chelan PUD, and return it along with a copy of the invoice and receipts which show the total cost of purchasing and installing the VFD.
4. Chelan PUD will then inspect the installation to confirm that the VFD has been installed as agreed to in the application and mail you the incentive check.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (509) 661-8008