It’s the celebration season, but don’t let metallic balloons ruin your party by getting away and into power lines causing an outage.
Power outages happen when a metallic balloon touches a power line. Outages can affect thousands of Chelan County PUD customers – your neighbors and friends. Metallic balloons in the lines also can cause fires, damage property and lead to injuries.
Help your PUD keep our community safe!
- DO NOT release metallic balloons into the air
- Tie balloons to weights – but DO NOT tie ribbons together
- NEVER use metallic ribbon with helium-filled balloons
- PROPERLY DISPOSE of metallic balloons – puncture and deflate before reusing or throwing away
- NEVER try to retrieve balloons from power lines. Call 877-783-8123, 24/7, to report
For more information visit chelanpud.org/balloons.
* * *
Learn more about Chelan PUD at www.chelanpud.org and find us on Facebook.com/ChelanPUD and follow us on Twitter @ChelanPUD.
Here for you, providing the best for the most for the longest – chelanpud.org,