Chelan County PUD will soon convert a portion of electrical distribution line along Willems Road in Cashmere from overhead to underground. The work is needed to replace aging infrastructure and provide a solution for PUD fiber optics to serve residents in the canyon. This project will have multiple steps.
- Plow along the highlighted section of the map below
- Install electrical and fiber conduits within easement along the north side of the access road
- This work will be completed by contractor, Magnum Power
- Install electrical cable and equipment
- Power outages will be needed to move power to the new underground system
- This work will be completed by PUD crews
- Remove the abandoned overhead electrical system
- Restore the plowed area of the road
When & What to Expect
- Work is scheduled to begin May 23
- Once this work begins, it will last about five days
- Working hours are generally 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday
- You will see contractor crews in the work area
- We do not anticipate any traffic delays during this project
Please make sure we have your correct phone number(s) and email address by entering it at chelanpud.org/UpdateYourInfo or calling us at 509-661-8002.
For additional information about Fiber service, please visit chelanpud.org/Fiber or call 509-661-4151.
Send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Teka Sellers at 509-661-4294.