- 2013 - PUD identified the potential need for a substation in the Leavenworth area
- 2014 - PUD performed engineering analysis
- 2015 - Community engagement
- Dec. 8, 2015 - Community meeting
The PUD hosted a community meeting to explain the need for a new substation and discuss the process we would follow moving forward.
- 2016 - Site selection process through community focus group and cost estimating
A community focus group was formed and held six meetings between Jan. 2016 and Feb. 2017. The focus group is a balanced representation of both residential and business communities as well as public organizations. The focus group worked collaboratively with PUD staff to identify a location for the new substation needed to serve the Leavenworth area.
The PUD hosted a second community meeting where the focus group presented their work and gave a status update on the project.
The PUD hosted a third community meeting to provide a status update and information on progress made since June 2016 and gather feedback from community members. PUD staff provided a map showing more detail on the sites for further evaluation in each area and possible transmission routes. Staff also reviewed site considerations for each of the three sites.
The PUD hosted a fourth community meeting to present the detailed cost and line route analysis for the three sites under consideration. The presentation included: cost comparisons, proposed distribution and transmission line routes as well as renderings of what those lines could look like if a substation was located on any of the three sites.
PUD staff presented initial engineering and cost comparisons for three sites under consideration. The presentation included proposed distribution and transmission line routes as well as renderings of what those lines could look like if a substation was located on any of the three sites.
*Future dates are anticipated and subjected to change
- Mar. 20, 217 - Update to PUD Commissioners - Site #14 identified as preferred
- May 1, 2017 - PUD Commissioners approved a motion to purchase property
- May 11, 2017 - Focus group meeting No. 7
- May 15, 2017 - Update to PUD Commissioners - Chumstick endorsed as preferred alternative
- May-June, 2017 - PUD and consultant performed feasibility study on three sites
- June 30, 2017 - Feasibility analysis complete
- July 10, 2017 - Update to PUD Commissioners - Feasibility study results presented
- July 11, 2017 - Update to Leavenworth City Council
- Aug. 2017 - Initiated permit-level design and Conditional Use Permitting process for substation
- Aug. 2, 2017 - Stakeholder meeting No. 1 - Transmission line route alternatives
- Aug. 2017 - Substation design stakeholder group engaged via email
- Sept. 6, 2017 - Transmission stakeholder meeting No. 2 - Route details and renderings
- Sept. 30, 2017 - Public comment period for transmission line routing closed
- Q4 2017 - Staff will further design on the substation and transmission line T2-Alt. 3
- Q2/Q3 2018 -Submit permit-level design to Chelan County to initiate the Conditional Use Permitting process
- 2018 - Substation and transmission line designing, planning, permitting, and engineering
- 2019-2020 - Substation and transmission line construction