What & Why
A Chelan County PUD contractor will be performing routine maintenance by testing all electrical wood distribution poles in your area. The PUD’s Wood Pole Test program inspects approximately 10 percent of the PUD’s poles each year, with each pole inspected on a 10-year cycle. This program extends the life expectancy of PUD wood poles and helps maintain reliable electrical service.
When & What to Expect
- Work will take place on the wood distribution poles in several areas, including
- The crew may need to access poles on or near your property.
- Crews will dig approximately 18 inches around each pole, drill holes into the pole, inspect the pole, and fill the dirt holes around the pole.
- The contractor will notify the PUD of any poles that are in need of replacement. Poles will be replaced, as needed, by PUD crews at a later date.
- Working hours are generally Monday - Friday, 6 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- We do not anticipate any impacts to traffic as part of this work.
Send questions to Teka Sellers at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call (509) 661-4294.