Here are some of the benefits Chelan PUD provides employees:
- Medical/Rx - Chelan PUD is self-insured and offers an extensive benefit packet administered through Premera Blue Cross. Benefits begin on the first day of the month following date of hire. Three preferred provider insurance plans allow employees to select the coverage that is right for them. These plans allow you to receive services from any licensed provider, but provide a higher level of benefits for services you receive from providers who have joined the Premera Blue Cross network of preferred providers.
- Vision - As part of the Medical plan, our vision insurance covers 1 exam per year and allows $300 for vision hardware every 2 years.
- Dental - Washington Dental Services ($50/$150 deductible per year); 100% exams, cleaning, x-rays, sealants up to age 15 (deductible does not apply); 90% (Preferred Provider)/80% (Non-Preferred Provider)/fillings, extractions, oral surgery, root canals, periodontal treatment and 70% crowns, inlays and onlays, dentures, bridges, partials.
- Basic Life Insurance - Basic Term Life Insurance provided by Chelan PUD at 100% of employee’s straight time annualized earnings rounded to the next higher $1,000. Minimum $22,000/Maximum $200,000.
- Short-Term Disability Insurance - Provided by Chelan PUD at 70% of annualized earnings beginning after you have missed 40 consecutive hours of work.
- Long-Term Disability Insurance - Provided by Chelan PUD at 60% of annualized earnings. The maximum LTD benefit is $5000 per month before reduction for deductible income.
- Long-Term Care Insurance - Provided by Chelan PUD (benefit duration: 2 years). Long term care facility monthly benefit amount: $2,000. Assisted living facility benefit percentage: 60%. Professional home care benefit percent: Based on 50% of the LTC facility monthly amount.
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan - Employees have the option to participate in a deferred compensation plan with a maximum contribution set each year. Only the employee contributes to the deferred compensation plan. Contributions are allocated to investment options of the employee’s choice. Withdrawals are allowed only at time of financial hardship, separation of service, disability or death of participant.
- 401 (a) Savings Plan - Employer Matching program - Chelan PUD matches 50% (or $.50 on the dollar) with a cap of 5% of the employee’s annual base salary; depending on the employee’s contribution to the 457 Plan.
- State Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) - The Chelan County PUD retirement plan provided through the State of Washington Department of Retirement Systems (DRS) helps provide a foundation for your retirement. The plan pays a monthly income at retirement. You are required to make a contribution to the plan. Contribution levels are set by the DRS and are deducted from your pay.
Leave and Holidays
- Three floating holidays per year - can be used any time through the year and must be used by the end of each year. Taken in eight hour increments.
- Eight scheduled holidays per year - New Year’s Day, President's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day
- Personal Leave - paid time off for rest/recreation, illness, injury, child care, bereavement, personal business or other approved absences. Accrues at the rate of 21 days per year (8 hours per day) during the 1st through 5th years of employment (increases to 27 days/year 6-10 years).
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) - Tax-free employee contributions for health insurance premiums, reimbursable medical costs, dependent care costs and State medical aid. The tax savings to participants can easily exceed 25% of applicable contributions. Medical expenses cannot exceed $3000 and childcare expenses $5000.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- An employee association
- Above & Beyond Rewards program