Chelan County PUD offers an incentive of $1,000 per ton for qualified ductless heat pump installations.
Ductless heat pumps (DHPs) make good retrofit add-ons for commercial buildings. In the winter, enjoy quiet, efficient comfort when you supplement your older heating system with a ductless unit.
To qualify for an incentive, installations must meet these requirements:
- Available for retrofits only
- The space conditioned by the DHP is heated by either zonal or forced-air electric resistance heat as the primary system (gas is not eligible); and
- The space conditioned by the DHP is not conditioned by an air source, ground source or existing ductless heat pump
- Note: If you previously used a ductless heat pump or heat pump that is no longer working but your electric furnace or zonal heat is still functioning, your business is still eligible for the incentive.
Installed DHPs must have all of these features:
• A split-system heat pump employing an inverter-driven outdoor compressor;
• Inverter-driven or variable-speed indoor blowers; and
• Rated with a minimum of 9.0 HSPF (for single head systems) and 8.2 HSPF (for multi-head systems).
Products must be listed on the BPA Ductless Heat Pump Qualified Products List (QPL). For multi-head systems, the outdoor unit must be listed on the QPL. The QPL includes only those products that meet the above equipment requirements.
To apply for the DHP rebate please submit to Chelan County PUD:
- Equipment/contractor invoice showing (a) measure requirements have been met (e.g., manufacturer, model number, type, size and quantity of equipment or product installed/used), (b) the order/purchase date and (c) cost
- Completed Ductless Heat Pump Project Application Form.
Energy Efficiency Dept.
PO Box 1231
Wenatchee, WA 98807-1231
Phone: (509) 661-4187
For questions, email: email@example.com